The role and function of the Manufacturing Committee is to help advance probiotic manufacturing standards within the probiotic sector by advocating on behalf of consumers and the probiotics industry, facilitating communication between industry members and regulatory bodies, and representing the industry on issues of interest/concern. The Manufacturing Committee speaks in the name of the probiotic industry and is heavily involved in shaping probiotic manufacturing guidelines across the globe.
- Together with members, monitoring manufacturing regulations related to probiotics in all major jurisdictions
- Drafting important documents and position papers directed to industry and regulators
- Creating value to membership and the association by increasing visibility and recognition across the sector
- Enabling new industry players with proper guidelines and current players to update manufacturing standards if needed
- Protecting end-users by increasing awareness of good manufacturing practices
- Instilling credibility and confidence in the probiotic sector
- Suggesting speakers for the IPA World Congress for technical related presentations