The International Probiotics Association (IPA) is a global non-profit organization bringing together, through its membership, the probiotic sector’s stakeholders, including but not limited to academia, scientists, healthcare professionals, consumers, industry and regulators. The IPA’s mission is to promote the safe and efficacious use of probiotics worldwide. Holding NGO status before Codex Alimentarius, the IPA is recognized as the unified Global Voice of Probiotics® around the world.
IPA will educate consumers on the proven health benefits of probiotics for humans by attending trade shows, health tours/walks and other media functions. Additionally, the IPA will work with government bodies and industry to establish scientific standards for probiotic supplements, probiotic pharmaceutical products and functional foods. IPA always promises to put forth timely, unbiased information to every interested party and share the documented benefits of probiotics with its international forum of members.
- Establish probiotic standards
- Outreach and education
- Develop tools such as Best Practice Guidelines, and eligibility criteria to qualify a microorganism to be termed as “probiotic” in foods, beverages, and supplements in commercial communications
- Provide legal solutions and condition of use
- Advocate for the recognition of a clear status for probiotics per the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines and recommendations
- Share and communicate the latest scientific research
- Health claims assessment process: promote changes needed for probiotic approval and dialogue
- Disseminate science and information about probiotics
- Become the global go-to probiotic industry association
.Why..You should Join !
Be part of the Global Voice of Probiotics® by becoming an IPA member.
The IPA supports its members’ efforts to establish and develop their markets globally through education and advocacy about the safety, benefits, and quality of probiotics, research, and innovation that continues to drive the industry.
As a member of the IPA, you will have access to these incredible benefits:
- Access our Networks and join the rest of the key international players. Find out more here.
- Your company logo and website link are in IPA’s “Member Companies” section.
- Exclusive access to our resources; our website has a Back Office where only members can access many valuable documents, such as the IPA’s initiatives to support the sector’s sustainable growth.
- Have a voice; join our working committee and take part in their different projects. Read more here.
- Participate in the Board of Directors through elections and make decisions.
- Develop your international visibility; as a global voice, the IPA’s goal is to be recognized worldwide. So, we’re involved in many different events all over the world. (Supply Side West, Vitafoods Europe and Asia, FiE, Probiota, IPA World Congress,…)
- Discounts to several probiotic meetings.
And much more! >> 10 key reasons to join