The ADM Science and Technology Center is located in the Future Food Science Center of Jiangnan University in Wuxi, Jiangsu. It will rely on ADM’s excellent R&D, technology and product innovation capabilities to drive the high-quality development of the nutrition and health industry and meet the ever-changing market demands in China and the Asia-Pacific region.
AB-BIOTICS launched LipiGO, a weight management ingredient at 2022NHNE. It is reported that LipiGO is a postbiotic product containing polysaccharides extracted from the cell wall of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. This product contains β-glucan, chitin-chitosan and other ingredients. It is non-GMO, natural and safe. It can specifically reduce the intake of saturated fatty acids by 42% without affecting the intake of nutrients.
On September 2, Novozymes and Jiangnan University formally signed a cooperation agreement to establish a “Probiotic Research Joint Laboratory”. The two parties will carry out comprehensive cooperation on the technological development and application of probiotics in the field of food and functional food. The Laboratory will continue to promote the transformation and application of probiotics-related technologies, jointly develop microbial resources, protect biodiversity, and provide more innovative solutions for the functional food industry.
IFF has announced plans to build new innovation centers, including laboratories, botanical gardens, sensory science and experimental manufacturing facilities. According to the IFF side, the new laboratory will combine the company’s research and development projects with the commercial applications that consumers expect. At the same time, there will be a greater focus on health, sustainability and advancing the circular economy. Additionally, the Innovation Lab will support creation and design needs in categories such as snack, beverage, savory, sweet, dairy, pharmaceutical and oral care.
- Chr. Hansen launches UREX™ probiotic combination at NHNE 2022. The UREX™ probiotic combination is reported to contain GR-1™ Lactobacillus rhamnosus and RC-14™ Lactobacillus reuteri. The product supports the female genitourinary system, balances the urinary tract microbiota, vaginal yeast, reduces harmful bacteria, and can be used in solid beverages, capsules, etc.
- On September 6, JuneYao Health (605388.SH) stated on the investor interaction platform that the company has stocked more than ten strains of probiotic bacteria, and has successfully launched a series of probiotic leisure snacks such as chocolate, biscuit bars and biscuits.
- The Werdery QingyouShuang lactic acid bacteria drink, which has been popular in the market, has started a low-key update and iteration. The new version of the product retains the patented strain CCFM1118, realizing the formula upgrade of “double benefit compound”, using a variety of probiotics for fermentation, probiotics + prebiotics bringing a better experience, the product features of 0 sucrose, 0 fat and 0 coloring are more suitable for health needs.
- Recently, JuneYao has launched a series of compound probiotic chewable tablets. Among them, Changyinjun chewable tablets are compounded with 9 star strains and prebiotics, and are embedded in 3 layers to ensure that live bacteria can reach the intestinal tract. All three products are 0 fat, 0 sucrose, 0 coloring, individually packaged and easy to carry.
- Kerry launched HM6-Lactobacillus salivarius CECT5713, which can be used for oral health. It is reported that the experimental results prove that the inactivated strain Lactobacillus salivarius CECT5713 can prevent the adhesion of Streptococcus mutans, the main pathogen that causes dental caries. In addition, the product can not only play a role in oral products such as toothpaste and mouthwash, but also can be incorporated into direct drinking powder, buccal tablets, oral popping beads, refreshing tablets, chewing gum, etc.
- Recently, Garden of Life, a high-end nutritional dietary supplement brand of Nestlé’s health science business, held an online new product launch event and launched two new products: the “LyuDong” with 20 billion live bacteria and the 150 Billion Live Bacteria’s “ChengZhang” Shengming Garden Compound Probiotic Solid Drink.
- According to the relevant provisions of the Food Safety Law of the People’s Republic of China and its implementing regulations, in order to further standardize the management of the List of Bacteria that Can Be Used in Food and the List of Bacteria that Can Be Used in Infant Food， The strain list has been updated. A 2-year transition period shall be set for the adjustment of bacterial species classification and nomenclature in the list.
Click to view the original text >>
- Jiangzhong Hougu recently launched a jelly. The new product focuses on fruit and vegetable probiotic fermentation, adding vitality prebiotics, dietary fiber and stomach-nourishing Hericium erinaceus. The product is free of sucrose, fat and low calorie.
- On August 29, H&H Group officially announced the first half of 2022 performance report. In the first half of the year, the group’s revenue was 5.96 billion yuan, a reported increase of 9.8%, and the reported net profit fell by 5.2% year-on-year to 475 million yuan. The Chinese market revenue increased by 3.4% year-on-year, accounting for 73.8% of the group’s total revenue, making it the largest contributor to the group’s revenue. Among them, the probiotics business achieved 6.4% growth.
- Recently, Frontiers in Microbiology, an international authoritative journal in the field of probiotics and intestinal microecology, published the latest results of Xianle Health on the clinical efficacy of Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 probiotics. Thisis a World Health Organization (WHO) registered RCT clinical study. Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 is the first clinical study on Chinese population, which reveals that Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 has the effect of improving functional constipation in children. The commercial application of Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 provides strong scientific support, and also provides evidence-based evidence for the further development of dietary nutritional supplements that can truly improve the intestinal health of Chinese children.
- DSM launched Glycare™ HMOs new products and solutions at 2022 FIC, which not only improve immune health, but also support the role of beneficial bacteria in the gut by nourishing and protecting beneficial bacteria, which are beneficial to children and adults on the intestinal barrier (mucosal mucosa).
- Bloomage Bio launched AbateHP™ , an anti-pyloric solution at the 2022FIC. This product uses probiotics and a variety of bioactive polysaccharides to synergize to help the body resist Helicobacter pylori infection. It is reported that the product is not only safe, but also has undergone relevant clinical research and is applying for a patent. At present, the product can be applied to multiple dosage forms such as solid powder, liquid beverage, and tablet.
- On September 13, Japan’s “Coca-Cola” is cooperating with Kirin Holdings to develop a functional drink containing live bacteria. Kirin Holdings’ LC-Plasma is a patented strain, which the company claims can help improve consumers’ health. Healthy immunity. Coca-Cola plans to use LC-Plasma in its brands “Georgia”, “Irohasu” and “Minute Maid”.
- Recently, Fonterra launched Nutiani, a brand of healthy nutrition solutions. It is reported that Nutiani, as a new B2B brand under Fonterra, will target the medical nutrition and daily health nutrition markets. Meanwhile, the brand will offer powders and beverages with properties to help reduce stress, improve mobility and manage weight.
- Fonterra and DSM are launching a start-up that will accelerate the development and commercialization of fermentation-derived proteins with dairy-like properties. It is reported that precision fermentation technology can use microorganisms to produce ingredients with characteristics similar to dairy products, which can be used in beverages, cream cheese, etc. According to Fonterra, the start-up will combine DSM’s leading expertise in precision fermentation science and technology with Fonterra’s dairy science and technology. At present, the start-up company has not been named, and the two parties are also applying for patents for related technical achievements.
- Lallemand collaborates with the French Gut Project. The project, initiated by the MetaGenoPolis division of INRAE (French National Institute for Agriculture, Food and Environment), will collect and analyze 100,000 gut metagenomes to innovate in health and science by advancing the science of the microbiome. At the same time, the project will include several scientific axes, detailing changes in the gut microbiome of healthy individuals and links to disease, developing gut diversity, and more.
- Lallemand’s probiotic strains Bifidobacteria infantis Rosell-33 and Bifidobacteria bifidu m Rosell-71 are approved for two Canadian health claims: 1) help maintain infant-like flora in formula-fed infants; 2 ) helps to balance the microbiome of formula-fed infants to resemble those of breastfed infants.
- GPA (Global Prebiotic Association) announces the addition of a new board member: Univar Solutions, a member-level organization: Kyowa Hakko Bio, and two associate members: Anagenix and Firmenich. It is reported that the GPA work plan includes a focus on raising public awareness of prebiotic products in terms of production, quality and science.
- Over the past two years, yeast producers Lesaffre and Recombia have jointly designed and developed yeast strains, optimized biosourced ingredients and biofuels. Now Lesaffre has acquired Recombia Biosciences. According to Lesaffre, they will continue to enrich their cutting-edge technology portfolio and accelerate yeast development and production innovation.
- Cargill, in partnership with Singapore’s Economic Development Board (EDB), will launch digital business studios in Asia. It is reported that the digital business studio will expand the scope of digital innovation and bring new solutions to meet the needs of food and agriculture.
- Dutch company WholeFiber is launching its prebiotic product WholeFiber. Sourced from minimally processed chicory root, the product is a prebiotic fiber blend containing inulin, pectin, hemicellulose and cellulose. According to the company, the product naturally contains over 85% prebiotic dietary fiber, which facilitates fermentation and requires less processing, and can be used in bread, cereals, salads, and more.
- On September 2, local time in the United States, after delaying its listing earlier this year, yogurt maker Chobani announced it was withdrawing its IPO plans, citing “current market conditions.”