ADM partners with the University of Illinois to open the new ADM Technology Center. It is reported, the center will focus on human nutrition research and development, wet chemistry, sensory science, data science, computational fluid dynamics, etc., to create opportunities for students in areas such as chemical engineering, chemistry, information science, computer science, food science and human nutrition, technology management, animal science, agricultural and consumer economics and commercial projects.
A recent study published in Heliyon1 found that a blend of probiotics from AB-Biotics (Barcelona, Spain) helped alleviate symptoms of gastric distress induced by stress. In the study, 26 healthy females and 36 healthy males who routinely lived under stressful conditions were randomized to receive either the probiotic blend or placebo daily for four weeks. The probiotic blend consists of P. acidilactici KABP 021 (CECT 7483), L. plantarum KABP 022 (CECT 7484), L. plantarum KABP 023 (CECT 7485).
Results showed that subjects taking the probiotic blend experienced significant reductions in diarrhea-related problems assessed by the Izumo scale when compared to placebo, and in the Short-Form 8 questionnaire, probiotic intervention improved mental component scores, role emotional scores, and mental health scores. Reductions in diarrhea-related problems from the probiotic intervention also reduced the impact of diarrhea on subjects’ daily activities and overall working habits, including missing work and impaired productivity based on the Work Productivity and Activity Impairment Questionnaire: General Health. Researchers also found a correlation between the improved scores for diarrhea on the Izumo scale and increased abundance of Faecalibacterium, a butyric acid-producing bacterium. Faecalibacterium is known to be stimulated by acetic acid, which the researchers say makes sense because the probiotic blend has been shown to stimulate the production of acetic acid.
- Pylopass® PRO| Lactobacillus reuteri DSMZ17648 was included in the Russian guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of HP, and the “National Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Acid-dependent and Helicobacter Pylori-related Diseases” (Moscow Protocol VI) were adopted by the Russian Scientific Society of Gastroenterologists, the 16th Congress and the 11th National Congress of Therapists held in Moscow. The Guidelines point out that three gastropathy, gastroesophageal reflux disease, peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum, and chronic gastritis, are all related to the influencing factors of Helicobacter pylori.
- From October 1 to October 30, 2022, OneHealth joined hands with the Enthusiastic Intestinal Research Institute and the Danish Cultural Center, a professional institution of intestinal health in China, to jointly create a “First Acquaintance with Bacteria” theme art exhibition, which takes popular science intestinal and microbial knowledge as the starting point, and calls on everyone to pay more attention to intestinal health.
- After more than 30 years of development, IFF was listed on the Fortune 500 list for the first time, and ranked No. 322 on this prestigious list.
- IFF (NYSE: IFF) recently announced the opening of its new innovation hub in Singapore. The innovation centre brings together technology, capabilities and expertise from IFF’s four business units: Nourish, Health & Biosciences, Scent and Pharma Solution.
- Recently, the Italian SACCO System announced its cooperation with The Akkermansia Company and Metagenics in Belgium Partnering to provide a new generation of epibiotics for weight management and blood sugar control, and revolutionary innovative products for the medical and scientific fields.
- At the second conference of the Boao Forum for Asia International Science and Technology and Innovation Forum – Microecology and Probiotics Science and Technology Progress and Application Sub-forum, Dr. Maria Magdalena Coman from the University of Camerino, Italy, delivered a speech entitled “Probiotic Combination Improves Population Health, Review and Latest Research in Support of Healthy Ageing”. The latest study, published in July 2022, showed MIX SYNBIO (Lactobacillus rhamnosus IMC 501 and Lactobacillus paracasei IMC 502) in the experimental subjects aged 65 and above, can not only significantly proliferate lactic acid bacteria and bifidobacteria, but also regulate and repair the imbalance of the flora caused by aging. It can also significantly increase the biological indicator of healthy aging, Ackermanella (AKK); Boosts total short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs), such as butyric acid, etc., reduce the risk of inflammatory bowel diseases and the incidence of aging-related diseases.
- Lechun launched “Lactose Gone” zero lactose-probiotic yogurt. New product: 0 lactose, 0 sugar generation, 0 sucrose, 0 food additive, pure formula, also added bifidobacterium bifidum Bb-12 and bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07, containing 4g protein per 100g.
- Two promising new raw materials have been screened out by NBIO: Lactobacillus rhamnosus HA-114 and SATIEREAL® saffron extract. Women using SATIEREAL® were more likely to reduce snacking (55 percent), reduce hunger (69 percent), decrease the desire to consume sugar (65 percent), and decrease appetite (70 percent).
- According to the principle of “treating bacteria with bacteria”, the scientific researchers of Beijing Dongfanghong Aerospace Biotechnology Co., Ltd. have devoted many years to develop a new generation of nutritional supplement “suppressing the quiet and nourishing the stomach” — STRO-AD soy protein probiotic solid drink. The formula is formulated with Lactobacillus Yosii LJ88 and STRO-AD soy protein as the main raw materials. On the one hand it can inhibit Hp activity, on the other hand conserve gastric mucosa.
- Recently, Yili Group, China Agricultural University and Zhejiang Academy of Agricultural Sciences jointly published the title “Invitro Study of Bifidobacterium lactis BL-99 With” in FrontiersinNutrition, a well-known journal in the field of nutrition Fructooligosaccharide SynbioticsEffected on the Intestinal Microbiota”. Bifidobacterium lactis BL-99 is the first exclusive strain independently developed by Yili Group after 10 years of research, isolated from the intestines of healthy Chinese babies, which has the effects of regulating the balance of human intestinal flora and relieving intestinal inflammation. In this study, BL-99 synergistic fructooligosaccharides were used to explore the regulatory effect of BL-99 synergistic fructooligosaccharides on intestinal flora in constipated people through in vitro fermentation simulation.
- Nutiani, a health and nutrition solutions brand owned by New Zealand dairy company Fonterra, cooperated with the fresh food platform Hema to launch Hema probiotic refrigerated yogurt for the first time, applying probiotics to the yogurt market and developing new probiotic application areas in an innovative way.
- This innovative application is another breakthrough for us in yogurt. Fonterra Nutiani lactis HN019 is a scientifically evidence-based raw material with many research publications, is one of the strains that can be consumed by infants and young children, and its good reputation among consumers has also been recognized by Hema . At present, the application of HN019 probiotics in the market is relatively mature. In addition to fermented bacteria, the newly launched Hema probiotic refrigerated yogurt also adds an additional HN019 lactis that reaches the infant food grade.
- JuneYao Health October 10 published that the company and Hongzhang Investment signed the “Strategic Cooperation Agreement” to carry out in-depth cooperation on the construction of downstream channels of the FMCG industry chain and the incubation of new marketing models, create new market formats, and achieve the respective development strategies and business goals of both parties.
- Biostime, an infant nutrition and health brand under H&H Group, launched a series of Gugu Good Taste Baby & Child snacks: Goo Good Taste Little Monster Probiotic Soluble Beans, Goo Good Taste Little Monster Baby Teething Stick, and Goo Good Taste Little Monster Baby Alphabet Biscuits, bringing three new baby and children’s intestinal health snacks. This new snack not only adds white sugar, edible salt and other additives, but also focuses on the intestinal health needs that babies need most, and interprets the transformation results of synbiotic gut health and research with probiotics and prebiotics. Among them, 20 million intestinal guardian bacteria are added to dissolved beans, containing imported Bifidobacterium lactis HN019, which helps the baby’s gastrointestinal health.
- Recently, Qinqin Food launched a new product of konjac juice jelly – light zero jelly. It is reported that the new products have three flavors: rose raspberry flavor, sunshine green flavor, and honey lemon flavor. Among them, rose raspberry flavor is added with fish collagen active peptide and vitamin E; Sunshine Green Flavor adds 1% prebiotics (fructooligosaccharides) and 12 billion probiotics; Honey lemon flavor is enriched with 0.02% New Zealand Manuka honey and NFC lemon juice.
- Recently, Probicient (Suzhou) Food Biotechnology Co., Ltd. (Probicient) officially settled in BLOCK71 Suzhou 。 EBISHENG holds the world’s first patent for probiotic beer. By using fresh ingredients, EBISON makes probiotic beer the perfect daily food pairing. Clinical trials have found that the probiotic beer developed by EBISHON has higher antioxidant activity, which can better remove blood cholesterol, relieve the stimulation of intestinal flora by alcohol, and enhance intestinal health.
- A recently published scientific paper highlights some of the positive immune properties that SureStart™ BifidoB HN019™ (Bifidobacterium lactis) may have, such as helping to reduce colds in infants. SureStart™ BifidoB HN019™ (Bifidobacterium lactis), a probiotic ingredient suitable for infants and toddlers, is designed to support immunity and protect infants and young children. The results showed that infants who received HN019™ had significantly fewer infections and the need for prescription antibiotics or antivirals.
- H&H Group Innovation Research Center once again cooperated with South China University of Technology to publish a new research result in the international authoritative journal “Molecular Nutrition & Food Research” and was selected as a cover article. Co-chaired by Associate Professor Zhang Bin from the School of Food Science and Engineering of South China University of Technology and Dr. Feitong Liu from the Innovation Research Center of H&H Group, the project revealed the effects of different structures of human milk oligosaccharides (HMOs) on the intestinal flora and metabolism of infants with different intestinal types, which provided data support and theoretical basis for the targeted design of maternal and infant nutrition products that promote intestinal health.
- Recently, Dr. Cheng Dan, a probiotic expert at North Carolina A&M State University, and Chen Long, president of Baiyun Mountain Weiyi, jointly completed the Rhamnosus GR-1 and A clinical trial paper on the efficacy and safety of Lactobacillus Reuteri RC-14 probiotics in the treatment of vaginal infections in women was published in the American Journal of Biomedical Science and Research. Studies have shown that the Baiyun Mountain Weiyi Cranberry Probiotic used in clinical trials contains strains that have certain efficacy and safety in the treatment of female vaginal infections.
- Recently, at the “Seminar on the Influence of Intestinal Microbiota on Children’s Growth and Development” sponsored by the Microbiomics and Technology Professional Committee of the Chinese Society of Bioengineering, Professor Kong Xuejun from Massachusetts General Hospital of Harvard Medical School in the United States shared the relevant trial data of clinical intervention in patients with chubby Willi syndrome (PWS). Among them, it is more interesting that Bifidobacterium lactis BL11 has the potential to promote the growth of children with developmental disabilities, which is the first strain in the world that can increase children’s height.
- On the evening of October 25, By-Health released the third quarter report of 2022, in the first three quarters, the company achieved revenue of 6.16 billion yuan and net profit attributable to shareholders of listed companies of 1.482 billion yuan. In the first three quarters, the performance of the probiotic sector increased significantly. In recent years, the probiotic category has achieved a high growth rate in all channels, and the probiotic category ranked among the top three categories in the industry segment of the Alibaba platform in the first quarter of this year. In addition, through the combination of large single products, image products and star products, the company is actively expanding the development space of multiple categories.
- On October 26, the new packaging of Huishan zero-added probiotic yogurt series was launched in this series of zero-added single-cup products with upgraded calcium content, and the “high calcium” attribute was more prominent. A cup of plain yogurt can meet 23.8% of the daily calcium intake of adults, better help the health of Chinese people, improve the bone health index of Chinese people, and at the same time on the basis of the existing original taste, will unlock a new trend of taste, Meilon honeydew melon + nutritional high calcium + patented strain triple blessing, full of deliciousness and nutrition Buff, Baileys products have also been upgraded to add “European patented strains”.On September 6, JuneYao Health (605388.SH) stated on the investor interaction platform that the company has stocked more than ten strains of probiotic bacteria, and has successfully launched a series of probiotic leisure snacks such as chocolate, biscuit bars and biscuits.
- OptiBiotix will launch its prebiotic OptiXOS in Europe and Africa. According to the company, OptiXOS is a xylooligosaccharide component that is well tolerated by the gastrointestinal tract, has a wide range of applications, and not only significantly increases the activity of healthy gut microorganisms, such as bifidobacterium, at low active doses as low as 1 gram, but also maintains stability at high temperatures and low pH. In addition, OptiXOS has a high potential for synbiogenesis, and when used in combination with certain probiotic strains (notably Lactobacillus plantarum and Lactobacillus rhamnosus), it can increase the effect on growth rate activity, highlighting the health benefits.
- CHR Hansen reports fiscal year results: 9% organic growth in core business (driven by volume growth); Total revenue rose 13 percent to 1.218 billion euros ($1.183 billion); The profit margin before interest and tax reached 26.8%; Free cash flow was €172m ($167m).
- Kerry launches Wellmune® yeast β-glucan. Wellmune®, derived from the cell wall of baker’s yeast, improves activity in women with moderate stress, upper respiratory symptoms and mood problems in people with moderate and high stress, and marathon runners. At present, the product can be used in dietary supplements, food and beverage medium.
- On January 21, BioGaia released its financial report for the third quarter of 2022, which showed that in the third quarter, BioGaia’s performance exceeded market expectations, achieving net sales of SEK 257.7 million, a year-on-year increase of 48% (excluding foreign exchange effects, 33%). The acquisition of Nutraceutics accounted for SEK 20.8 million (12% growth), with organic growth of 21%. The operating margin was 36%. Baiao CEO Isabelle Ducellier said this was the fifth consecutive quarter of double-digit growth.
- In the 5th Food “Oscar” – WOW FOOD AWARD Global Innovative Food Evaluation Competition, Alliaus probiotic brand from Australia stood out from 520 groups of works around the world, with innovative technology, just the right patented strain scientific formula and excellent user experience, Alliaus digestive probiotics won the gold award. Alliaus Women’s Intimate Care Probiotic wins Bronze Award.
- October 20, biopharmaceutical company Summit Therapeutics in 2022 At IDWeek, the drug candidte Ridinilazole for the treatment of Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) Ri-CoDIFy was presented verbally Results of clinical studies. The results showed that Ridinilazole reduced the risk of CDI recurrence by 53% compared to vancomycin, Ridinilazole The least effect on the diversity of the intestinal flora was minimal, and the level of secondary bile acids was higher in the Ridinilazole group at the end of treatment. In addition, the resistance genes of the intestinal microbiota in the Ridinilazole group did not increase.
- On October 3, Evolve BioSystems announced its transformation into a company focused on infant and toddler health and unveiled its new brand identity ——Infinant Health。 At the same time, the transformed senior management team is also in place. Evolve BioSystems was born from the Institute of Food Hygiene at the University of California, Davis, after more than ten years of development, its investors are not lack of Victoria Harbour Investment, Cargill, Gates Foundation, Taylor’s and Johnson & Johnson and other top investment institutions, the development of Bifidobacterium infantis EVC001 has been clinically proven to reshape the key flora of the infant intestine. Promotes digestion and immune system development. Infinant is taken from ‘Infant’ and ‘Infinite’ to symbolize its vision of bringing health to humanity from infancy. Infinant Health is committed to improving human immunity, metabolism and cognition, and its products include microecological preparations, live biopharmaceuticals and digital health medical devices. The company is committed to continuously investing in research and development to accelerate innovation.
- On October 3, Teijin announced the establishment of Teijin Meguro Research Institute Ltd. The new company will leverage expertise in probiotics to provide functional food ingredients that meet consumer health needs. It is reported that the newly established Teijin Meguro Research Institute has inherited the personnel equipment of its predecessor, the Meguro Research Institute, and will continue to carry out research, production and sales of lactic acid bacteria and Bacillus natto. In recent years, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the general population has become more and more interested in immune-boosting products, and the probiotic market has expanded rapidly as a result. Teijin combines its research, development and marketing capabilities with Teijin Meguro’s technology, knowledge and sales network to strengthen its probiotics business and accelerate the growth of its functional food ingredient product line to improve the quality of human life and help people enjoy fulfilling lives.
- On October 26, according to the FMCG Expert: Probiotics survey, 80% of consumers worldwide use probiotics as part of a balanced daily diet. Consumers are primarily motivated to buy probiotics based on health, specifically digestive health (73%) and enhanced immunity (71%), while two-thirds of consumers claim to use these products for general health and well-being.
- Published in Food Science and Nutrition Review on October 7 The previous systematic review including meta-analysis evaluated the effects of chicory-derived inulin-type fructans on intestinal bifidobacterium abundance and health outcomes. The review included 50 human-intervention studies with a total of 2,495 participants. The results showed a significant increase in the abundance of bifidobacteria in the dose range from 3 g to 20 g per day. A significant bidissociative effect was observed in healthy individuals and impaired health, but not in patients with gastrointestinal disorders. In addition, healthy subjects had a significant beneficial effect on the functional parameters of the intestine.